Saturday, August 18, 2007

Black Metal

I have been listening to black metal for over 11 years now and I am still amazed by the richness of the genre. Sadly, there are very few new bands(if any) worth mentioning.
But to me black metal is still that hidden treasure that very few people tend to enjoy.
It is a safe haven from hip hop, pop, country, chalga and all the shit that surrounds us lately. I don't think there will ever be anything replacing the sound of Dimmu Borgir, Dissection, Burzum, Emperor, Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone, Old Sieben Burgen. Also other extreme bands like Amorphis (Up to Elegy), Dragonlord, newer Nordafrost. It is too sad that kids nowadays are too much into shitty crap like the junk that surrounds us. Damn I feel old and I am only 25. I remember when I used to roam the streets with soldier boots, black clothes and chains around my waist listening to enthroned or enslaved, or the latest dimmu. Those were sweet times. I wonder if things will ever be the same. Black metal has never been big in the US, but it's getting weaker even in Europe; how sad. I remember the days when there were true metalheads, willing to kill and die to protect the name of their favourite band. Oh how sad the wold has become. I can count the true metalheads that I have met in my life on the fingers of one of my hands. One of them is Mexican, one American and one Bulgarian and that is not counting me.
May the god of war bless us all,

one old and sad metalhead.

No comments: